Thursday, March 11, 2010

United States vs. Gregory Reyes

I'm writing to offer my impressions of Greg Reyes Jr in advance of his sentencing with the hope that they may provide some perspective for your decision.

I'm a Partner at Sequoia Capital where I have worked since 1986. Sequoia Capital has helped organize and provided the original financing for a long list of well known technology companies that range from Apple in the 1970s to YouTube in recent years. I have served as a director of several of these companies including Yahoo!, Google, PayPal and Flextronics. Part of my experience with these, and other, public companies was to understand Wall Street's devotion to sales growth, operating income and cash flow and its complete disinterest in the non-cash items that seem to have come under such close scrutiny in the Brocade case.

I have known Greg since he was a young salesman working for Banyan Systems in the 1980s and have followed his career with great interest. He has always struck me as a highly energetic man with a forthright nature who is a fine leader of people. Greg has always had a reassuring and confident presence and, until his well publicized troubles began, there was never a shred of doubt about his good character. Prior to Greg's decision to join Brocade we were attempting to persuade him to become the Chief Executive Officer of one of Sequoia Capital's own companies. I am sure that Brocade would not be even half the company it is today without Greg's enthusiastic and dedicated leadership.



Realtime Court Status



Gregory Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment